MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Cloudy Tuesday

logcabinmama

Good morning

It's cold and foggy here. I can hear the fog horn down on the river. There is frost on the roofs and in the shady areas outside.

I slept in until 8:30 - very unusual. Since I am not working it doesn't matter to me when I get up since I don't HAVE to be anywhere except my ladies meeting on Wednesdays.

So I'm just enjoying my morning coffee.

Last weekend after seeing Chronicles of Narnia we stopped by a Scottish shop near where my son lives. Our goal was to find our Christmas supply of Turkish Delight and we got it. Of course, we had to look at all their interesting stuff - china with thistle or your clan symbol, British foods (they have a frozen section with the likes of steak & kidney pie), tartan, jewelry, etc. I got some Lapsang Souchong tea. When I opened the package yesterday I thought "Now I've done it!" - it smelled just like a campfire! Decided to go ahead and make a pot of it. I put in some heated milk and Splenda with the brewed tea and I really like it. Will have some more this afternoon.

I've been wrapping presents - more to do today. Also one load of laundry today.

Snowie: I'm so glad you got to talk to your son again. The children's Christmas program sounded wonderful and I am also glad they were able to have a REAL Christmas program. Pooh's experience with the glass in the door brought me back to when I was 8 yo and visiting my old aunties who lived in the house they were born in. You entered their house through a front sunporch and then the side sunporch and then into the living room. The door to the livingroom had all these little glass panes and it would stick so they taught me to push my knee against it to shut it good. Well, I was so proud I could do that but pushed my knee into the glass pane instead of the wood and my knee went right through it. I felt so bad. DOn't remember a cut but I broke the little window! I still remember that lesson well and I'm sure Pooh will, too.

Becca: You are busy with your children and all the Christmas preparations. Depends on what your brother is interested in. CDs if you know what music he likes, books? DH always wants a can of cashews. DH & my youngest son like "gadgets". I can always get my sons art pads or journals.

Snowmom, so glad you received a phone call from your DS! Just to hear his voice is so precious. Would he like some of the microwavable meals and microwavable popcorn (our DS liked both). Pringles (because they are in a can) seem to ship well. Summer sausage is good too. Take care, good luck with all your chores.

Archived