MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Worthwhile causes: friends & strangers

MoonGoddess

Tonight I was out with the lads for a drink & a meal and they asked - so I told 'em. They knew I was into this stuff and they asked... and I promptly got on my soapbox. I answered all their questions. Not a one slipped by me. (sorta wished I hadn't by the end). I took a bit of stick and I know I will have taken more after I left on the walk home. BUT..... I know darn well that I've peaked their interest. I will not bring the subject up again. BUT... I know.... I got the distict feeling.... They will be asking questions of me in private as we meet up over Christmas.

The clincher was When your kid says "Daddy I'm starving hungry" What will you do?

By the way rather than sending out Christmas cards this year, I have made a donation to "Disasters Emergency Committee" to help those kids that had limbs amputated after the Pakistan earthquake. I put up a poster at work to let my colleagues know. Some of them promptly donated too.

Merry Christmas to all at Mrs Survival

UKGUY

What a wonderful way to send Christmas cards. Thank you UKguy and Merry Christmas.

Keep up the good work spreading the word.

I've always been of the opinion, that if I feel a conviction to share something along the lines as what you did with your friends, then it's my responsibility to do so. The outcome is not necessarily any of my business or concern, what's important to me is that I cared enough to share the truth, and it's up to the others what they choose to do with that.

I'm sorry to hear about the earthquake though...I hope and pray that the casualties are not high.

Archived