MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

shea butter

Kygal

i keep seeing shea butter in a lot of things. it just seems like there was nothing with it in, and then POOF! its everywhere.

is it better than what we already have? aloe vera and vitamin e and all that...ok, what is so darn great about it that i should have to go spend my hard earned dollars for it when my vitamin e and aloe lotion works quite well.

http://beauty.about.com/od/beautybyag3/f/sheabutter.htm

Q. What is Shea Butter?

from West African Trading Company

A.

Shea butter has soothing, moisturizing and protecting effects. Due to the presence of a sizeable quantity of unsaponifiable fats, its content in vitamins and other active elements, shea butter adds other more precise activities to these general properties. It displays a protecting role against UV rays because of its content in cinnamic acid and can thus be incorporated in solar products. The natural latex contained in shea butter would moreover prevent certain sun allergies. Shea butter also helps cell regeneration and capillary circulation. This favours the healing of small wounds, skin cracks and crevices, and skin ulcers. In the cosmetic field, this property is an asset against skin aging. It has restructuring effects on the epidermis, also on dry and fragile hair. Dry skin, dermatitis, dermatoses, eczema, sun burn, and burns are all helped by natural shea butter. Sponsored Links

Shea Butter from Africa

Save over $10 on real Shea Butter low $4.95 s/h at Afrikan Republic

www.afrikanrepublic.com

Unveil Africa's Secret

Big sale on pure, certified organic shea butter. Exotic new blends.

www.africansheabuttercompany.com

Epicurean Shea Butter Co

Organic & Fair Traded Shea Butter, Shea Soaps, Shea Oils, & Bath Salts

www.sheabutterstore.com

It has an anti-elastase characteristic which makes it a good active ingredient against stretch marks.

Shea butter can also be used to treat rheumatism and aching muscles, and to ease colds because it decongests nasal mucous tissues. It is very well tolerated by the skin for it does not normally trigger any allergic reaction and can even be used on very sensitive skin areas such as mucous tissues and around the eyes.

Shea butter is therefore an outstanding recipe for cosmetic and pharmaceutical purposes, even incorporated in high proportions. It is easy to work into all kinds of emulsions and makes a very good excipient (carrier) as it prevents allergenic reactions without altering the active principles.

~ West African Trading Company

FAQ Index

There is more on the page too.

Eczema??? I'm always looking for things that help eczema. I'm currently trying some Vitamin E ointment, but it's not working as quickly as the cortisone cream I used to use (I've determined not to use that any more). I'll have to try some of this shea butter. Thanks!

~Joanna

thanks snowmom, i was moslty wondering about shea butter because it seems to be the new "fad" lol

jo, the stuff i have for sapphires eczema is called elidel it sais it has pimecrolimus in it. i have no idea where that comes from, but it got rid of sapphires eczema really quick. a couple days. mind you hers was not very bad. ask your doctor for a sample package. i had 3 tubes. i would send you one but i just looked at the package to tell you what was in it, and it noticed that they expired yesterday! lol

Archived