MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday the 14th

logcabinmama

today was the dan grading at the hope yama dojo, with a huge pot luck afterwards. dan grading for those who dont know is jsut brown belts going black, and black belts being tested. making sure thier skills are not slipping i guess. heh heh morri giggled through the first 4,and slept during the last one. the applause at the end woke her up.

for the potluck i was going to make gnocci, but arfter peeling the potatos, i realized that i dont have any eggs, and you cannot leave out the egg, or it will all fall apart. so, i made couscous, and no one knew what it was!! hah hah people kept saying things like, "what a strange kind of rice" or " do youwant somerice?" "woa! that looks wierd!" the only people who seemed to know what it was were all sitting at my table. lol here is the recipe for my cous cous. amounts vary

cook the cous cous 1 1/4 cup water to one cup cous cous. boil the water, put the cous cous in, remove from heat and let stand 5 min. fluff with fork.

i add chicken cubes to the water when i am boiling it for extraflavour.

i fry onion, brocoli, mushroom. chopped very small with garlic, flax seed, pinch of chili powder, teaspoon of sugar, oregano, and a bit of butter for frying in . once this is all cooked, keep frying, but mix in the couc couc gradually, and serve. yum yum!!!

morrigan had her very first pickle. what a face! lol

anyways, i have 2 girls to tuck in...well, 3 if you include me. lol i am sooo tired! and for some reason my shoulder started to hurt soo badly that i cannot even lift my left arm. if it is not any better by monday i will make ANOTHER drs appointment.

Pixie, I had some unexplained pain in my shoulder a few months ago. I didn't do anything (I can handle pain if it's not in my head), and it went away in about a week.

~Jo

Archived