MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Save Those Messages

Homesteader

I have an answer machine here at the house. Whenever I play back messages I always save the ones from the Princesses. I have a precious collection of Princess Sr. from about 2 years old to now (Age 7). I save them and retape them onto another tape so it is 1 continuous playing of messages she left us. I have a separate tape for Princess Jr. and Princess the third. My favorite message is when Princess Sr and I were at the hospital when she was 3 and her baby sister had just been born. We called our home to leave a message for DH. It was simple and to the point. "The baby finally came out! Bye." When the girls are all grown up they will treasure these little tidbits.

This reminds me about our correspondence between our son and ourselves when he was in Iraq. I've printed out our emails and motomail letters that we've sent, and have put them in a scrapbook I made for him re: his Marine career. Our son-in-law saw it, and now he wants one too. He's also in the Marines. Am waiting for them to send me pictures, etc. so I can get started. I figure this will be something precious for them to pass on to their children, etc.

Archived