MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dont keep it in your head!

WitchSpader

• 3 months later...

I know what you mean, I fill in as many branches as I possibly can. When I get stuck, I go to another branch. I looked through old obituaries and found the city where a DISTANT cousin lived, I then looked in the phone book and his widow was still listed under his name. I called and explained how we were related and asked for their branch, before it was over a simple two hour phone call filled in three generations complete with dates! I really was on a high that day when I added them to my program.Everything I have is also on paper in notebooks.

And the photo's too!

put dates and names on the back (but use a pencil - pen shows in time)

I worked at a museum and people were always bringing us pictures for displays. Like when we did one on WW II and the wifes were bringing in their Husbands (died) photos from the war but had no idea who was in the pictures or where they were taken. When we get boxes of things for donations and we call back the people to see what they know, they just say it a bunch of pictures form the old days showing the town , weddings, the park? we never knew to ask mom what they where?

so take part of history but name those people in the pictures too.

Archived