MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Very hot muggy Sunday

Roseofsharon

I realize this is a little different from, 'White Saturday'.... I just do not know what is going on with our weather! I am in shorts and a tank top in late Jan. -and I am cold natured -the hot natured people are running their air conditioners -it is 77 degrees with humity of 64%! This is just weird -it should be our coldest time of the year. I am looking at sed catalogs trying to guess when the last frost will be -and wondering if it has been....

Other than that we had great church this morning -I cooked a butternut squash for the first time -it is really good ,and may have time to fit in a nap!

Have a good day and send some white stuff this way!!!

Hi there

It was hot and muggy here also - but little sun as it was overcast. There were some light showers which helped cool a little, but they also raised the humidity.

School starts on Monday, Hannah has had her bag packed for a couple of weeks and is ready to catch up with all her friends again. Being a small community 80% of the kids live out of town and come to school by bus, so she hasn't seen many of them over the holidays. Once she is at school I will need to chase the older girls out of bed - 18 year old needs a job! and 21 yo is waiting for a new term at uni.

Then off to the dentist for me I am sure my mouth is less sore! Really - I dont need the tooth out do I? I am a wimp when it comes to the dentist especially when teeth need removing.

A new week beckons - I had better get into it!

Sue

was cold here and still is today... the sun shine nicely though... still have a lot of snow. i spent about 45 mins yesterday digging out the pick up and that was just the front part.

it has been a very peacful day around here. was nice. worked on our family history and nap.

today i had my mom in law and niece over for tea. it was really nice, but i was hoping that my SIL and FIl would come over too. i made onion-cheese buns with flax seem and oregano/parmasan on top. it was very good. i also made danish pastry, and served fresh fruit. sappphires favorite part was the fruit, pats favorite part was the icing on the pastry, my favorite part was the tea, isabella(my niece) her favorite part was the danish pastry, and my mom in laws favorite part was the baby. lol and the danish.

weather here has been very middle of the road. it keeps telling me that one day it will be snowingm, the next day it will be raining, and the other day it will be sunny, but instead, the weather has maintained a good median, and it does not snow, rain, or shine. but it is not cold, nor is it warm. the only reason i hate weather like this, is how do you choose what to wear?! a jacket/coat is too warm, and a sweater/[oops, used a bad word] is too cool. i have been going out in a sweater, with scarf and hat and mitts. half winter, and half spring. lol

Archived