MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Friday, Jan 27th

logcabinmama

Good morning! It's about 28 here right now but it's supposed to warm up into the 40s. However, I'm beginning to be suspicious of any forecasts for the weather in these parts, it never seems to be accurate - it never snowed or rained yesterday. It's supposed to be windy tomorrow - which for Wyoming it's usually a given, lol! They are forecasting snow on Sunday and Monday, but we'll see.

I spoke too soon about my 11yo, he came home from school yesterday with a dry, hacking cough and he said he was up most of the night with it but he never came to ask for help. The twins seem okay right now, I hope they are settled down some today so I can accomplish more than fixing food and cleaning up the dishes

Going to go check out the other threads for a minute then get the boys going for the day! Take care!

Pats drs appointment was quick. all he needed was a copy of thr requisition form for blood work he needed done. MIL came by this morning to take him for his blood work, and she needed some done herself. she said and i quote "i think the lab opens at 8 am." so this morning when he was getting ready for MIL to pick him up, i aske3d him "what are you going to do if the lab does not open at 8?" you see, pat is always assuming that everything opens at 8, and then he gets there and it is never open at 8. he said "my mom said it opens at 8" right there. he hears what he wants to hear. so i reminded him of all the other times he said it opens at 8, and it wasnt, and he insists that it is open at 8. when i got home fromdropping sapphire off at school, i get have a message onmy answering machine from pat saying that he will be late coming home from work because the lab didnt open untill 9, making him a half hour late for work. when will that man ever learn: I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!

Yesterday, I worked, then Kev picked me up and we stopped at the library on the way home. I've been reading voraciously lately, to the detriment of my housework. I need to get some routines established. We also stopped at RONA, to do some brainstorming for what to do in our house. Pixie, do you think a medium-green floor tile would look good in our orange bathroom? We're trying to tie together the orange on the walls & shower tiles with the green-and-white countertop. I'd prefer to just put a new veneer on the counter that will match better.

I cooked pork chops, rice, and steamed spinach for supper. I made some shake'n'bake-type mix, and accidentally put ground cloves in...it tasted good, i was surprised! the other things i put in the mix were:

bread crumbs (i used medium, but i should have bought fine)

chili powder

garlic salt

oregano (lots!)

I decided that something had to be done about my tupperware cupboard, because it was impossible to find anything in there. So, I ripped out the shelf, and put my baking sheets there instead. Actually Kev did the actual ripping out of the shelf. I don't know why he wouldn't let me do it, when he was busy with homework. We may have people over for pizza tonight, but that means I have to clean my house as soon as I get home from work. It won't take too long, since I won't be scouring the place from top-to-bottom (which is really what it needs). I'm just going to make the dirt less obvious. I really need to learn how to clean consistantly.

~Jo

Hi Every one

The temperature is finally cooling down, we have had a little rain but could possibly get more over the next few days. I had better make sure that the washing is up to date.

Snowmom, I was born in New Zealand and lived there for 19 years until my parents decided to move to Australia. I came with them but didn't like it and went back to NZ for 2 years. At that point I was broke and came back to Aus for a working holiday, planning 12 months - but somehow at the end of the 12 months I was thick in wedding plans! We took the family over there for a year in 88, but otherwise Australia has been my home for the last 25 years! I have actually lived here more than NZ. Even though I became an Australian citizen, I still think of myself as a Kiwi - the citizen stuff was the only way I could do Uni cheaply! It makes for fun when the two countries are in any sports - I belong to the team that wins!

I am glad your hubby wasn't hurt when he hit the deer, here you have to look out for kangaroos. Especially first and last thing of the day. little ones will roll under the car but the big ones can do a lot of damage.

Pixie, your afghan sounds lovely, The only ones I have made took about 6 years! one i did in a zigzag pattern, about 5 colours and black between the colours. When I finished it it didn't get an edge because I had had enough of looking at it!, one was lots of 6" squares joined together, didn't like joining them together, so the next was 16" squares - less joining! then round the edges.

Jo, have fun with your colours. We rent and my kitchen is brown with yellow benchtops. There is not a lot you can do to camoflague that yellow! I did put up green curtains to take the eyes away from the yellow!

It is Saturday already and I really need to stop procrastinating and do some study! I just cant get motivated

Take care everyone

Sue

not wanting to join them is precisly(sp?) why i am making it into one big huge granny rectangle. heh heh people say i am really fast at crocheting when they see me do it, but i think it is just because i listen to fast paced music while i crochet. heh heh

anyways, i have to go make dinner. its gonna be a late one today.

i had a very successfull talk today with sapphire about preparing, and she decided that she wants to help and has been brain storming places we can store water, and other preps. lol she said we should get 500 spare propane tanks for the bbq so we can have bbq every night. lol shes thinking, and its a start.

500 spare tanks? LOL! She's ambitious! I suppose she wants to store them in her bedroom? Pat can't protest when all 3 of his women are wanting to prepare ('cause, of course, morri will side with her mama )

That step cabinet is gorgeous! I don't know what we'll end up doing.

~Jo

Archived