MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What do you see now?

Guest Guest

WEll, the touch of autumn has become obvious in a few trees here in the Ozarks. The weather has been wonderful here and I can sit for hours (if I just had the time) out on my back porch, listening to the breeze stir through the trees. As far as I am concerned,there are two sounds that are the most wonderful in nature...a soft wind blowing through the trees and the ocean's surf. I'm afraid we are a long ways from the nearest ocean here, so the breezes will have to do but for me but that's fine. I also love the sound of bob-whites and owls in the evening...

The trees have a little more color now but not a lot. I have noticed the blue herons have disappeared this week and the woodpecker is back at the window looking for his suet. I finally got some made and out there this afternoon. Our pasture is so barren looking since our renter has taken his cattle home for the winter. There are also very few Canada geese left in the pasture and the 3 llamas look a little forlorn out there by themselves. The weather most of the week has been overcast and cool. Autumn is truly here and it will be gorgeous when the sun comes out again.

------------------

dee.jpg

I'm sitting out on my patio right now as I type, listening to a soft rain fall...at times there's a hugh downpour and then it'll lighten back up to the gentle sound of raindrops...

I love noticing things like that...

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

It was so nice out yesterday, I think it got to the high 70's if not in the 80's. This morning it is about 45 degrees out and looks like the sun is coming through for us again today. smile.gif

The trees are changing colors, in another few days they will be in full color.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

We have been having some cool days but today was in the 80's and tomorrow will be the same then back to the cooler stuff. We are starting to see some color in the trees, but certianly not in its peak. We will take a trip into New Hampshire into the White Mountains sometime this month to enjoy the foliage. I am ready for Fall to come in all it's glory. I haven't heard or seen the Canadian Geese heading south yet. But, have noticed a lot of the difeferent birds that come to our feeders ae not around. We still have a lot of the chickadees around and they will stay for the winter. When the weather does get cold enough and I am sure it will stay I will get our potatoes for the winter.