MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday, May 23rd

logcabinmama

Hello everyone. Snowmom, thanks for thinking of me this morning. The knee is doing a bit better but I'm going to take it easy today so that it won't start hurting again.

As far as the business goes, we've still only got the one house. This will be week four on the ad and we've only had the one call for cleaning and several calls for people looking for work. My partner has to pay for the second month of ads and she is making up excuses about not being able to afford to pay for them. She also doesn't seem to want to go to town to hang up fliers. I am not going to do all this on my own. I've repeatedly told her that I don't have to work, our finances don't require it. It just makes it a little better if I do. I'm trying to get her to understand that if she would quit whining about the lack of business and help me drum up more, we'd both be better off. I just don't know if I care anymore.

Today, I am working on organizing the food shelves and figuring out what I have and what I don't have. Everytime I start working on them, the kittens decide they are going to help. It's quite funny but not any help at all.

Hope you all are having an excellent day today.

Hi everyone, Last to post as usual.

I'm sitting here eating my organic banana, I should be outside instead. I am outta here after this post.

Today I've baked rhubarb cakes, making rhubarb jam/compote whatever. I have 7 rhubarb plants that are screaming "pick me, pick me" so I will go pick more in a bit.

Will get the last of the garden planted. Potatoes and I'm done unless I see something from the nursery that I just have to plant. I'm going there later.

It's now sunny so I'm off to do as said. Take care and have a wonderful day....wonder where my WE gift is now in its travels?

Evening everyone,,, been busy around here the past couple of days.. Oldest ds graduated 5th grade thursday night,they had a big ceremony, so we went to that.. they were also having a softball game out on the back field, so we stayed over and watched. Spent friday packing, my landlord took the kids to Tellico Plains fishing and camping, and jeep mudding...they had a blast (fell into the river a couple of times, said the water was freezing), but they loved it.

Had to go to the funeral home last night, an old neighbor of my mom's (known these people 22 years), the dh's one brother died sunday morning,, sunday evening their other brother passed away also.. Jack was a surprise he had no been ill and was pretty health at 77, but Paul, they were expecting him too, since he had been fighting illness's for years. and was just really bad off. So the had visitation for Jack last night, buried him today, turn around go back to the funeral home for visitation for Paul and bury him tomorrow,, that poor family....they have always been there for me, so I made sure I was there for them, even tough it was the toughest thing having to go back into that funeral home right now...

Then had to go back to the funeral home today,, they called and my dh's death certificate was finally ready,, just took a month!!! So I have kind of been down the past couple of days,, just can't seem to get motivated...

Also today was the kids last day of school, picked up report cards this morning, they were released at 10:00 am.. so school is officially out.

Last night, when the kids and I were at the funeral home, unbeknownst to me,, people were searching for me and the kids. One of the hospice workers had come out to the house to check on us, she called my sister in law, wondering where we were, she was worried and she said it looked like my house was deserted,, like no one was living there,, she thought we had left town.. so my sis in law and her husband drive all the way out here, she gets panicked because we are not here. So she calls my landlord, in panic. He told her to calm down that he had just talked to me earlier in the day, and he told her,, you know she is probably at the store....But I went out to her place this morning and let the kids play with their cousins for little bit.. I guess these people think I am just supposed to sit here in this house 24/7, or until they get concerned enough to come check on us...I don't have the time to sit and wait for them to get concerned... I have better things to do....

I appreciate their concern, but I can't put my life on hold,until it is convenient for them to get worried....

Not a very busy day today.

Took the boat out for awhile. Did a little fishing. My fish locator doesn't work-so had to keep asking DBF: how deep is it? how many fish? how deep are THEY? Am definitely getting another one. Fish weren't biting. DBF caught 3. I only caught 1. It might have been 3 inches long. Maybe. Almost. DBFs weren't much bigger.

Archived