MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

R ~Home Canned Crockpot Apple Butter

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm in one of my moods today and plan on canning and doing alot of different cooking, one of which is Apple Butter. I already have it cooking so I figured before I get too swamped in this kitchen, I'd share my recipe with you.

Apple Butter

5-6 quarts unsweetened apple sauce (either homemade or storebought)

1-2c sugar

2T cinnamon

Pour applesauce into crockpot (mine holds about 6 quarts) add sugar (amount depends on natural sweetness of applesauce...right now I have 5 3/4 quarts in the crock pot and I've only added 1 1/2 cups of sugar...I'll taste it once the flavors marry better and add more sugar if needed), and add cinnamon. Place crockpot on high, till mixture gets hot then turn on low and cook overnight. I leave the lid either off or half on so that the water can evaporate from the applesauce.

The next morning, I take my stick blender (or you can use a regular blender or food processor) and blend the apple butter until smooth.

Pour in prepared jars and water bath can for 15 minutes. Cool on towels on counter over night. Wash jars and store.

And that's ALL there is to my recipe for Apple Butter, and everyone LOVES it cause it's real apples with just a touch of cinnamon and sugar. Some people add cloves and nutmeg, but I forego that cause I like a simple taste with some things, especially this.

Archived