MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

It's all Nana's fault!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Yep, it sure is her fault!

There she was whining and crying over 175 ears of corn, so I went and got me some corn too!

Now the produce department already knows how nuts I am, so when I waltzed in there in my usual way and told them I wanted almost 300 ears, they gave me that LOOK!

And yes, the cash register girl and the asst cashier manager all had tons of questions.

Doesn't anyone *get it* except us here at MrsS? lol

^_^

corncorncorncorn, I need a corn horn, to blow my corn, yes a corn horn, lalalalala...

Yanno, now that I think about it, I'm really gonna be upset with Nana tomorrow...I think I'll give her a call...

You gonna be home chica?

lol

Guest Guest

Of course I'll be home! I'm still canning corn! :rolleyes:

Call my cell phone, I'll be sure to charge it tonight.

*I knew she go nuts buying corn!* :lol:

Hey! You know what? This officially makes you Queen Cornclucker! hehehehehehe

Guest Guest

Hey Boss, I thought they taught in yer "Princess Quack School" that one-upmanship be not "princessly"??

:24:

Oh, by the way... the chickie princesses will LOVE pecking at those leftover corn cobs!!

Guest Guest

Not trying to one upmanship, but the sale ends today and the guy at the produce department asked me if I would be back tomorrow to get more cases...I said maybe lol...he said well you better get what you want today cause even though we place an order, we don't always get it in....

Well you know me, don't be telling me that there is NO MORE! rofl...so that's why I bought so much at once...this sale is cheaper than what I buy it for when it's in season down here...go figure.

Thanks for the tip of the corn cob with the *ladies*...they are absolutely hysterical when i take them food!

Guest Guest

Well I did 3 cases of corn today, 150 ears which made 54 pints of corn. (Well I steamed some corn on the cob last night hoping to put a dent in it but it didn't help much) lol...

Tomorrow I'm gonna make the corn chowder, and forgive me Nana, but I'm changing your recipe! ROFL! That's the fun of having a base recipe idea and then customizing it to suit your own tastes...I'll let ya know what changes I make and how it comes out tomorrow cause I still have ideas swirling around in my head...lol

I did take some of the cobs out to the hens and they loved it! lol...I've saved all the rest and am gonna dry them out and save for fire starters...that was such an awesome idea, whoever mentioned it...I'm tired tonight, been running around, tilling gardens, cutting corn cobs and processing pints of corn all day...lol

I only have 3 cases to go...*sigh*

Archived