MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where is everybody Wednesday

arklatex

I can't believe it's early afternoon and no one has started this thread yet.

What's everyone up to? I have a hubby at home with a bad back ache. I had to drive him to the chiropractor today. He's doing a bit better now but was told to stay home the rest of the the day.

I had planned on working in my garden earlier but had to change those plans rather quickly with the run to town. It's way to warm out there now so it will have to wait until evening.

I finally got a zucchini and a cucumber from the garden. We also got a couple of cherry tomatoes the other day.

Not much else going on. I should probably be doing laundry but I just don't want to do much.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Busy...depressed..mad.

I'm really not happy with the way the town is handling the water situation. They informed us that the water would be off from 9-2 monday-wednesday for the next few weeks. Not ONCE in the last four weeks of this has it been on by 2 pm. It's always after 4, usually a bit after 5. Last week, they never turned the water off on Wednesday. It felt like a bonus day.

Today, they also did not turn the water off. Again, I thought, bonus day. I'm sick of all of the not having water. I get up at 5, have enough time to do a couple of loads of laundry, do the dishes, make tea and other drinks for the kids, draw some water for cooking, fill the tub for flushing, fill bottles, and that's it. Of course, there's other chores being done and breakfast and wake up time in there as well. Anyway, I was just getting ready to get in the shower and flushed the toilet and...NO WATER. I ran water AFTER 2 pm to clean up Roan after his snack. So instead of turning it off when they were supposed to, they wait until after they were supposed to turn it on and THEN turn it off. UGH. Had a load of cups and bottles in soaking to wash, too. UGH again. I'm so mad, we're going out to dinner.

Oh and I also cut and pasted more wonderful info from the manual preps. I have got to get my plan together instead of doing everything hodge podge and hoping it will be OK.

Mommy of Six

Hi all

Hmm ... Wednesday - what did we do? Slept prepared. Our friends had just dug potatos, so new baby potatoes, they were delicious. they also sent home some corn. So a busy day but good!

Take care everyone, I probably wont be in tomorrow, as we are driving 2 hours south to meet some friends we haven't seen for about 18 years.

Sue

Archived