MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Has anybody seen Nana??????

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still around but, not online much. There are so many things going on, I think I'm losing my mind. I don't have a clue when I'll be back on a regular basis because I have so much stuff to do.

We finally got the house insulated, the dining and entry floors done, and the wall built for the entry, and now the construction project across the street has caused damage to the house. It's a pretty safe bet that the foundation is damaged, considering what the living room walls have sustained, and I don't have any idea how badly. I'm waiting for a call from the contractor, to meet with him and the project manager, so they can tell me how they intend to fix it. If I don't hear from them by Monday (as promised), my next call will be to an attorney.

I'm using a pain control machine for my arm, called a 'TENS' unit, because although I can use it a little more, it hurts almost all of the time. Now they want to try cortisone shots to see if it'll help but, I'm not sure I want to do that. I only have until the 25th to decide.

*A 'TENS' unit, is a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator. It's just a fancy way to say I spend a lot of time hooked up to electrodes and a battery pack, that sends an electrical current thru my arm to make me forget that it hurts.*

On top of all that, I've been summoned for jury duty, for the third time in 3 years, and although I have sent TWO letters from my docs saying I am unable to serve due to ongoing medical problems, they won't leave me alone! Now I have to fight with them, again.

I seem to have lost my sense of humor, and I don't like to sound like I'm whining all the time, so I've pretty much retreated. Besides all of that, everytime I get online, the phone rings and I get bumped off again. It happened in less than a minute this time...

For some reason, I just don't seem to be having much fun these days, and I don't want to bring everyone else down with me...

Thanks for caring, I reallty appreciate it. I'll try to get back soon but, I can't make any promises right now.

Love,

Nana

[This message has been edited by nanapop (edited September 11, 2002).]

Awww...Nana....I'm so sorry that you're having such a tough time. Like you, I retreat when times are not so good, so I surely understand.

My Mom gets the cortisone shots in her hip, and though they are painful, they REALLY help her, though not for long periods of time.

Come back when you are ready, but please check in occasionally until then, OK?

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Thank you for letting us know how your are doing. Was concerned, though I have been busy with the potatoe harvest this year, been tossing stone out as they bring the trucks in from the field. Sorry things are in such a mess for you..... Think of you often. Please keep in touch.

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Nana, so sorry about your problems with your arm. I was in hopes that it would be all healed and feeling great by now.

Also, I hope things go ok with the contractor.

I have a niece that gets a shot in her hip about every 2 or 3 months. They hurt a lot from the sounds of it, but they also help the pain.

Thank you so much for posting. We miss you a lot and hope you will be able to do more posting soon.

You are in my prayers. (((((Nana)))))

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My TENS unit helped me a lot when I had myocitis, Nanapop. I hope you are feeling better.

I don't belong here...I am from Missouri but decided to tour the country cybernetically here on the forum. I used to live in the San Francisco area,though,long, long ago.

• 4 weeks later...

{{{{{{Nana}}}}}So sorry about the damage to your house! And I sure hope the pain goes away soon. I have heard good things about TENS. I imagine you are stressed to the max lately, we miss you but understand life happens! Take Care and know we are thinking of you smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg