MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pop * Snap * Pop! *

Hey, can you hear those seals poppin'?

After an exhausting day yesterday (I'll post more about later), I am trying to get caught up on things around the house. Those seals in the background belong to a fresh batch of peach jam. The color is so lovely, unbelievable!

I've got bread dough risin' and a large pot of green beans and new potatoes simmerin' away. The kitchen smells so good!

The storm that has been threating for a few days, finally got here about midmorning, so we are enjoying light showers and cooler temps!

Lots of laundry still to do and tomorrow is the first day of school for the younger members of the family. This time of year is so lovely!

"Live simply, so others may simply live."

Hope each of you are enjoying the fruits of your labor and the blessings of God.

Don't ya just love that poppin' sound! I canned 31 pints of corn the other day and I heard all but one pop. DS says "why do you count the pops Mom" and I thought, to myself, I should have made you help with the work way back when, then you'd understand! He's 29 now so there's no hope of getting him to help me now. grin.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

That's why it's one of our simple pleasures, because we're easily entertained.

I couldn't stand to stand there and wait for the pops. I love to be at the other end of the house doing something and all of a sudden I hear this "pop" off in the distance. I like that better because if I'm working on something else, that means I've temporarily forgotten the cooling jars. When I hear it, that means it's break time again and I get to go run in and look at the jars like I do a sleeping baby. AHHHHHHHHH

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

*giggle*

I thought I was the only one who got this much enjoyment from hearing them *pop*!!!

And yes, logcabinmama, EXACTLY like looking at a sleeping baby!!

grin.gif

------------------

cat.jpg