MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

CDC media conference

Jewlzm

Yes, I've heard about it but, I didn't get to log on for it. I have posted the guidelines on another thread.

The idea that it corresponds with hurrican warnings will be easier for the average person to understand.

One of the problems that I can see is will employers and employees comply when asked to stay home for 7 to 10 days for yourself and your family when ill?

Also, a mention was made that someone in government asso programs would deliver food, meds, needs etc. This might happen during a cat 2 pandemic. But, during anything above? I just don't know. Anyway, at least they are trying something. Personally I'm not counting on any help from the government. Would be nice. Don't think it will happen.

Imo - Being prepared for much more than 12 weeks is nessesary. (we are prepared for 1 year +) And to SIP asap as it's know to be H2H2H2H. jmo tifwiw.

I honestly dont think you would be able to get companies to pay their people with out being there. Those would have to be some really large incentives from the government. I also dont see them playing around with their leave time.

Basically The community mitigation guide and the PSA campaign I dont see as it doing much good because you get bare minimum information from either. That isnt going to make people stop and think it could really happen. I see it just as a way to get the idea of a pandemic out for public viewing so maybe a few will catch on. I hope I am wrong.

Archived