MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Helping Carla Emery

Deblyn

Just to let you know, anyone who's interested, that we have started work on the first of the chapters that Carla has sent out for the new edition of her book. She phoned me last week to have a chat about what she wants; it was nice to hear her voice, and she sounded as I expected her to. In one of her postings on another forum, whe called me her "fearless leader of the UK contingent". I am fearless now that hubby has shown me how to send six e-mails at once without having to type it out six times. Sad but true. Will keep you posted as we go along, but I feel priveleged to be in a position to help her out.

How exciting lowlander. I've had one of Carla Emery's books for years and can't imagine being w/o it. To be a part of it will be something to tell everyone.

Enjoy!!!

------------------

dee.jpg

That sounds great Lowlander! Sounds exciting! Are her books something I'd be interested in? What type of stuff does she write? I'm glad you were able to figure out the email thing...it takes me a while too... smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Carla Emery is the author of the Encyclopedia of Country Living, a standard work on living in the country and being as self sufficient as possible. She covers such topics as food preservation, animal husbandry and butchering, gardening, all sorts. The practical parts are interspersed with personal experiences of herself and others,which makes it a very interesting book to read. It is a huge book, and is best used as an encyclopedia rather than reading it from start to finish. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in these sort of things; while it is fairly expensive, it is a sound investment for the future.

I only got mine in May of this year, so now actually being involved in helping Carla with the preparation of the next edition is quite amazing! Things move quite quickly when they happen at the right time! I have two groups of volunteers here in the UK, and one woman from Australia; I am incharge of collating all the info they send to me on the chapter we are reviewing at that time. I then get it all together and send it off to Carla. Will be hard work, but very rewarding, I imagine. I may have some questions, especially concerning US/English terminology for ingredients and equipment.

Wow lowlander, that sounds so exciting. And it's great to hear that there's a new edition coming out - I've had mine for a few years now and it's probably been my most used book.

Star