MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Interesting book on diteing.................

Deblyn

Natural Alternatives to Dieting - why diets don't work and what you can do that does.

I've just finished this book, and thought it was very very good. It explains why things don't work, and why the suggested alternatives do work; it explains a lot about nutrition, but in a very readable and accessible way. It explains why people binge, fail at dieting, etc as well, and includes recipes.

It's about why and how we need to re-think our diet for life, rather than view the issue as short-term weight loss, which tends to get put back on when the diet being followed is stopped. I felt there was a lot of common sense in this book, and it's worth a look if you can get hold of it.

HI lowie! I joiined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago and have had a 10+ pound weight loss. I am a nurse, but have learned nutritional things I never knew before. It is not a diet for me, it is a change in life style and eating habits and I find I am eating better now than I ever did before, more fruits, more veges, less red meats(by my choice). I feel good about myself.

Congradulations Twilap, on your 10+ loss! I know what you mean about the dieting mode. I too am not dieting since I joined OA. A new way of dealing with food and life! The best part has been the freedom from dieting! WhooHoo!!!! Let's keep up the great work!!!!!