MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Im curious

Guest Guest

Ok Im not trying to crit or anything here. Im asking this cause I am trying to figure out if its just me.

Does it seem as if the sever is a bit slow? I know I am on high speed connection and so maybe I am just a bit spoiled.

Yet it seems that often the server is taking a long time to load the pages and it didnot do that before the new forum type.

Then again perhaps its just me.

Mine seems OK, but I don't know if I would know if it was slow or not! I'm quite happy, it means I can keep up without dropping stitches.

Early this morning it took over 10 minutes to open the main index, I looked to see if the site was bogged down with traffic and it said I was the only one here. It was about 5 am when this happened.

I also get a LOT of 'this page can't be found' messages when I am trying to navagate in here. I thought I was goint to get that early this morning when it took so long to open the main index, but the page actually did open this time, just took over 10 minutes to do so.

Now I do have a slow connection, probably the world's oldest phone lines, but it has never been quite this bad before.

Hill

I was thinking so that is why I wrote a perl script to monitor the uptime and responce time of the hosts dns server which is actually the one that seems to behaving a few issues. Perhaps they themselves are doing a upgrade. That is often when these sorts of things happen. Well its back to awk,sed,grep,n reading syslogs for me

Sleep is often over rated An I supose I could have it log so that network performance could be shown to the hosting company. Right now its just based on a latency setting in which if the dns server does not reply back within a certain time that I get a message.