MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

back again...

Guest Guest

Howdy...it's been well over a year since I've visited Mrs. Survival, so long I had to re-register!

It looks like things have developed nicely here. I like the new interface design, much easier to navigate.

I am still teaching school. 10th grade English and a graphics class now. Love the graphics, have problems with the 10th graders in my English classes.

So, I am just saying howdy now...will check back in again later!

smiles,

daphnecm

Welcome home daphnecm, hope to see you post often.

So have a seat on the swing and tell us what has been happening in your part of the world....... MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

It's been nutso. First my dad was terribly ill for two months early this year, so we were just dealing with that. (Praise the Lord, he has recovered and will be celebrating his 85th birthday in a few weeks!)

And I switched grade levels at work and 10th graders are not as mature as my seniors used to be...it's pretty awful, to be honest. I am seriously thinking about leaving the profession.

My daughter is in her Senior Year in high school, we are going through the college application process now. Her top choice is Washington and Lee University, with Rice University and Trinity a close tie for second choice. We shall see where she ends up. She's lucky to have the grades and test scores to get in wherever she wants, probably.

Me, I am just trying to survive...

smiles,

daphne

The young people do seem to be less mature then I remembered, but then that was a long time ago, my youngest is 35.

Must get very frustrating.....

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Hi daphnecm, nice to see you again. Are you in Oceanside because of the Marine Corps or is that your home just because it's your home? smile.gif I dated a Marine for a number of years, back in the dark ages, so used to know Oceanside very well.

Keep in touch, we love having new posts.

------------------

dee.jpg

Hi daphnecm , nice to meet you again.

Great to hear about you dad smile.gif but not so good to hear that school isn't going so well frown.gif

Have to agree with you about the new site design - the colours and layout are just sort of 'perfect' for here - aren't they

Stargirl

Wb, it is always so good to see a member of the flock, herd, come home. I have only been here a few short months but it feels so much like home that it seems like I was never not here.

Glad to meet you, hope we can get to know one another soon through the posts.

I am praying for you, It is so hard to watch much needed teachers walk away from their profession. They are so greatly needed. I know it is a thankless, demanding job and you sometimes wonder why do i do this, but then again I have worked in a few diffrent jobs for many years, I liked to keep busy so I worked, worked, worked. I learned that no matter what profession you are in you begin to feel that way. Some more than others, I agree but we all feel the why's.

Please, before you really call it quits, ask yourself, why did I decide to become a teacher? What are the good parts of being a teacher? Did I make a diffrence in some person's life? What has changed to make me walk away? Is there some way I can make it tollerable so I can go on to help someone who really needs what I have to offer?

There are always the teacher's in our lives, we all have them. Some are working in schools influencing our children, others are out there in life, some we never even notice, then others are like a beacon in the darkest of night.

I for one would like to thank all the teachers in my life, for without them I would not be who I am today and I like who I am.

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg