MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

While you were out

Guest Guest

On The Learning Channel tonight they will be doing over a room in New Orleans and it's my understanding there will be two more shows done from here in Feburary...

Thought I would give the heads up if anyone is interested.

Always lots of re runs for those shows around here Mayjobie.... while you were out isn't my favorite, trading spaces is... but I watch both of them..... Sat. night is my favorite night, because I watch back to back episodes of both shows from 6pm until 11 pm..... not that I ever manage to stay up till 11 hahahahaha

Thanks for the heads up...

Happygirl, Brigid,Debbielee, one of the reasons that I wanted to see the program was because there was an article in the paper about it...

In the article the homeowner said that the paint was still wet and they had to put on another coat of paint..

I wanted to see the finished room but the sand man sneaked in and took me away to slumberland The homeowners did like their makeover room very much according to the article...

Wouldn't you know the one Sat. that I didn't really sit down and watch tv. sigh, I guess I will have to catch the reruns.

Did any of you see the episode where the woman hated her room so much that she had to leave the room because she was crying? I heard that they had to change everything back before they left. Trading Spaces, not while you were out.

I wondered what they do when the person doesn't like the room...I don't like Hildy (?) or Doug. Hildy lots of time does what she wants, regardless of what the homeowners really want. One day she decorated with wine labells in somebody's kitchen. Not only did the homeowners not drink at all, but never had any wine in their home. The neighbors brought over a steamer at the end of the show and promised to help undo the wine labells. Maybe if she had listened to begin with they wouldn't have had to go through all that work for nothing!

I agree HappyG....those two don't seem to listen or care...not only did they not drink...i think the man was a pastor..... ....glad she didn't plaster the walls with playboy.....But that doug....he's downright nasty at times......and oiy....some of those rooms are just horrible....remember the one "papered" with Straw..and they had little kids that the homeowner was worried about....and the one that was plastered in moss....what were they thinkin?

Yup Brigie....i remember that lady....they were told not to touch her fireplace...and she was NOT Happy!

I hear the show (trading sp) will NOT re-do the rooms...or give money to do it....man.....i would'nt be happy with Most of the do-overs........

Sorry you fell asleep Mayjobie.....that always happens to me! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

deb