MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Is an isolation room necessary if.....

sparkysarah

This may sound silly but I need to ask.

In my household it is myself, my husband and our two year old. Is it necessary to have an isolation room being that we all take care of each other. Even if something terrible happened here I think my husband, who is in law enforcement, would continue working. If I am sick he stays and takes care of me. If baby is sick, I can take care of him. Do you understand what I'm saying? I truly need input on this and any opinion is appreciated. I do have oscillococcum on hand just in case.....but slowly working on getting more.

Thank You,

SARAH

will you be staying home or going to other families? will others come to your home for help?

I am personally going to put together everything needed to have a room for the sick. Why would I want to spread it to my 2 year old grandson?

Why would you not want to isolate a sick loved one? I mean, if the baby gets it and you get it and your husband has it... who says the baby won't recover and you both die? now what?

I believe it is my duty to provide the best of everything I can to everyone under my roof.

oscillococcum and that's it? what about antibiotics? you may need to treat the secondary infection... Phenomena. I even have the ability to create an oxygen tent!

over kill? perhaps but for the few totes and extra money it cost me to put together... it is better to be safe then sorry. If nothing happens... others can laugh at me, that is ok. I just have a feeling I need to be prepared.

not everyone wants to survive... I do, but there are no guarantees that I will.. however, I will give it my best shot!

That's it? Trust me it was hard to purchase the Oscilococcum at 9.27 a box. It was my first prep purchase. I just started prepping two weeks ago. I'm trying here, but am broke most of the time because we are trying so hard to become debt free.

I'm trying to set priorities right now. I am working at getting a little of everything to start.

Antibiotics scare me until I know what treats what. I hope that my son isn't allergic to anything as I am allergic to PCN, all Cephalasporins and Sulfa. Drives my doctor nuts.

I believe from your response I need to read up more on isolation rooms. I just know everytime my son gets sick, so do I and vice versa being we are together 24-7.

I do know that we would be staying home if a doctor or hospital is not available. Family and Friends would not show up here in that situation so that is not a concern.

I will work at learning more about flu and isolation. It is a situation I want to prep for as it is a fear of mine. So...off to learn, learn, learn!

Thank You!!!

SARAH

all you can do is treat the symptoms of the flu.

I will be posting more about isolation rooms in the coming weeks. Most of the stuff you can pick up fairly cheaply.

the last thing you want is to get sick! the woman/wife/mother is the backbone of the home! we need to stay healthy to care for everyone else.

there are some herbs that will help the flu. See Lois in the herb thread.

I am here to help, to keep us from falling off the edge, push some over the edge >wink< to cause more confusion and at the same time clear things up. I am here to cause trouble and steal all the chocolate and wine!!! it is my job!

Archived