MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another Chick flew the nest!

Guest Guest

A little blue today - my second DD has left home. She is going to Uni in Cairns - which is way up north - a long way from home. It seems strange because I doubt that I will ever have the money to go visit her. The house seems rather empty Even more so than when No 1 DD left home. Oh well 2 down - 2 to go. I had better get used to it I guess.

Sue

I'm so sorry Sue. I know exactly what you're going through. We have had a week of tears. DS is leaving for Korea for 18 months on Saturday. On Sunday, the whole church was sobbing all morning. Then a going away party in the afternoon. Even my brothers were crying. Then Monday night was another dinner for him. Nieces were crying and my mom. Today DD#2 went to school for 10 minutes and they sent her home. Today was the last day she could be with her brother. So, that helped her a lot to be home. It was so sad though when DS said goodbye to the oldest dog. She's 13 now. There's a good chance she won't be here when he comes home. That's when he lost it. We all just keep taking turns. So, I will certainly keep you in my prayers. I know your heart is breaking. We decided to look at it as if we're one day closer to seeing DS again. Maybe this will help you, too. One day closer to seeing your DD#2 again. Blessings to your family.

I'm sorry for the pain that you all going through and Logcabinmama there's the special pain of knowing your son is leaving to serve his country... I know this will be trying times for you... (((((hugs)))))

Huggs to you all. Been there done that 6 times and it doesnt get easier! I think the hardest seperation for me was when I left home and moved to NJ away from my grown children and grandbabies.. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you as your fledglings leave the nest, especially those who's chilren are serving in the military... T.

Hugs to both SueC and logcabinmama... I can't even imagine... though next fall my only son (oldest) will be going away to school. Then I guess I will be crying on *your* shoulders.

Sue, I hope you can keep in touch with your DD... I hope she has internet access & will write???

Logcabinmama, my heart is so full just reading your post that I can't think of any "right" words. You and you family will be in my prayers.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Hubby got back last Sunday morning. It has been a busy week since then. Lots of dramas etc. My DD has a mobile (Cell?) phone and haas been busy texting us. She sounds as if she is settling in well. Already has made contacts with people who will take her to church and Youth group.

I went to have a tooth looked at, and ended up having it surgically removed - ouch! Not what I was expecting! But it is getting better.

Thanks again - I know it seems small to have a child going to uni. But it still leaves a gap. My heart goes out to those of you with family in the forces. It is a tough time coming I think.

SueC

Understand how you feel, both Sue and LCM. As well as Twila and others who have had their children leave home. No, it really isn't a little thing, Sue, it is a BIG thing to a mother.

Two of our three are in TX and one only 1 1/2 - 2 hours drive from us. We don't see much of any of them. Haven't seen # 1 DS for almost 3 years now. DD was home last summer but sounds like she may not get home this year at all. # 2 DS will be bringing the 2 Grandsons up for the weekend today. So do get to see them once in a while.

# 1 DS is in the Army National Guards but so far has not been called to be shipped out.