MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Spring

Lilly

I am so ready for Spring. We are on our second ice storm in two weeks. The power has went out both times. Luckily ours came back on in 8 hours the first time. Some people were not that lucky and were without power for several days. Our central heat went out before Christmas. It had a crack in the combustion chamber. We were getting headaches. And soon after that we awoke one morning to cold air blowing out the vents. Thank God we founf out before we were killed from carbon monoxide. We have been heating with wood. It is killing my skin. We usually have to keep a window open because it gets to hot in here. But at least we have heat. I think the older I get, the harder Winter becomes on me. Okay I am done griping now.

Sure glad you found the problem with your furnace before serious health issues happened. It's really scary when you let yourself think about it too long!

We're still having winter and will have for at least another month. March is an ugly unsettled month but periodically you get a nice day which gives us hope.

I grew up in CA and moved to Iowa years and years ago. I loved winter BUT I am now old and don't like it anymore.

Archived