MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wish us luck...

bluegrassmom

One of our goals for 2008 is to make a cash purchase on a used vehicle. If something unfortunate financially should happen we don't want to be in the position of not having a vehicle to drive because of not being able to make payments on it.

We are not looking for any bells or whistles, nothing fancy. Just something that will serve for me and the kids to get from point A to point B. We are hopefully going to look at a van tonight. It has been well taken care of, the milage is high but with the price range we're looking it that's to be expected. I know there was another lady that was going to be looking at it, probably before us so I'm not sure if it will work out or not.

If not, there are a couple other places we are going to look. I really, really hope that things work out such that this goal for the year is accomplished one way or another. bounce

With high mileage, please look at the typical mileage records of the type vehicle you are looking at. Some will be money holes, while others typically will get 300-400K Miles. Do a google search on automobile reliability, and you'll find several web pages that can help you.

Good luck

Dawn

Archived