MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Bell Pepper Like Questions

Hi Everybody,

I was given 5 peppers/vegtables (???) that look a lot like bell (green) peppers. However, these are larger and not as full (wide) as bell peppers and they are very dark green.

Questions:

1. Can any of you tell me what they are?

2. Should I chop and freeze them or chop and dehydrate them?

3. Are they used like bell peppers? If not, how are they used?

Thanks

YYY

Can you give us some pictures. There are thousands of different kinds of peppers. Bell peppers have a distinctive smell to me. Hot peppers have their own 'aroma' as well. Or, you could chop one up, taste it and go from there.

Hi Everybody,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to y’all.

I went to Walmart. I found similar peppers that were labeled as pablano peppers. At a Mexican store, they were labeled as Pasilla Chile, and at Safeway there was no sign.

Leah and Screaming Eagle, thank you for replying. Leah, I still don’t think they are green peppers and Screaming Eagle I have no way to post pictures.

I tasted one and they are not hot and they don’t taste anything like any of the green peppers I’ve ever had. In fact, they are a little on the bland side. Even though the sign at Walmart said pablano peppers, they don’t look or taste like any of the pablanos I’ve had. So I still don’t know what they are.

Thanks for trying,

YYY

Archived