MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Interesting Find

Guest Guest

I have been doing some genealogy for maybe 5 years now off and on. I had a lot of info on my father's family and a lot on y mother's maternal family but very little on her father's side. All I knew was my grandfather was from Barbados. I did find out who his mother was but could not find anything on his father. In my research I met a cousin in Trinidad. We have been e-mailing for a couple of years and he coldn't help me on who my great grandfather was. This past New Year's this cousin sent me an e-mail with a picture from another cousin. It was a beautiful lush garden in Trinidad. Well through that I e-mailed this cousin. He sent the info I sent him to someone in Canada, who though not related was helping on the genealogy stuff for the Lyder family (my grandfather was a Lyder). Anyhow, this person knew who my grandfather was it seems that my great grandparents were first cousins. Come to find out the two cousins, in Trinidad, fathers were first cousins to my grandfather, and then we are also related on the other Lyder side. I was so thrilled to find the name of my grandfather. I had found the old baby books for my brother and I and found that my gr grandfather was named Orlando but what was confusing was the last name was my gr grandmother's maiden name so since she had married her first cousin her name never changed. A lot of answers came from a lot of things just clicking together. I still have some questions but have a lot of info that I didn't have. One of the cousins in Trinidad was so excited he called me to help explain the relationship he said you are more related than we thought. So keep looking and don't give up you never know when a door will open.