MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday

BiscuitMaker

Well the packing has begun and my husband is a champ, I just hope that china he packed makes it ok???

Well tuesday we meet the builder and the inspector and check out everything. I will try to see if my furniture will go in certain places. I hope it does.

22 we close on this house and the new house, just how many times will I have to sign my name??? banana

23 the movers come and we move. 24 we will come here to clean, that is the part I hate. yuk

Just found out I will have DSL that is a good thing. Dish TV. cheer

So things are going smoothly and the big panick has not set in yet.

Stay tuned for more notes from LALA land. woohoo

I am way too far away to come help you pack so I'll tell you a few things I've learned from being professionaly moved three times now. Something may help a little.

1) they won't move food. they aren't real happy about moving boxes you have packed yourself either.

2) Take your microwave, computer and any other electronics yourself! I've had 2 microwaves have their little display panels break on me and one VCR broke. It is not worth the hassle of arguing with them about it either. Better to wrap things in towels and put them in your car.

3)Make sure both of you are there on unloading day. Once they put furniture down they will not move it again. You need 2 people to keep up with a crew unloading or you'll be moving furniture on your own for days.

4) decide on names for rooms very soon and start labeling your boxes accordingly. Sketching out a floor plan is not a bad idea.

5)Unpacking kitchen, bathroom and bedroom is way more important than LR and DR. I know that sounded obvious but you'd be surprised at what you do in the middle of all the disorder.

6) pack a suitcase. Do you want to hunt for your toothbrush? or your pajamas? Don't forget a towel.

7)Make darn sure they don't pack and move the cleaning supplies you need. They did it to me on my last move. I had to go to a neighbor and borrow vacuum and cleaning supplies!

good luck!

I hated the packing part but the unpacking was kind of fun. Almost like an extended Christmas at times.

Thanks Deb. I know you get so tired that you don't know what you are doing.

On our last move, the moving Van was driving down the street we had a few things to throw in the trunk of the car. Asked DH about his clothes he said what clothes? I said the clean clothes to put on tomorrow in the motel, he looked like a deer caught in the head lights, and he said I think they are on that truck going down the street.

Brain dead it happens everytime.

Archived