MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday 5th June

SueC

It is time I headed to bed, but thought I really should get back into regular posts -

So Hello every one!

Our temperatures are starting to drop a little more, now that Winter has officially started we are wondering how cold it will get. But the garden is throwing up some surprises, lois there are lots of daffodils coming up in one corner and this morning I found another couple of patches of bulbs in the front lawn. So it will be a mystery until they flower! Only one more day of work this week, then a long weekend. I think I am ready for the extra day off. Will probably spend it sewing after I do the shoppingcart

But before then I need to work tomorrow (Friday)

So goodnight bath is waiting!

bouquet Good Morning everyone...except you Sue, you're snoozing away about now I suppose, so sweet dreams.

Today is Family Day at my husbands company. First we're going to a big cookout for his department at noon (I'm making potato salad) and then this evening we're going to watch the Barons play (minor league baseball) and the company has a pavillion there with a catered dinner of some sort. Poor hubby, they start passing out tickets and inevitably someone says, "Nine tickets! Are you bringing the neighborhood?" rofl

So, a busy yet fun day ahead! I slipped to the store after church last night and bought a new layered top and some cute cheap tennies to match it. I always feel a little intimidated by the "professional" crowd, although I use to belong to that group myself. Now, I spend most days in "comfortable" attire, hair in a pony tail and digging in dirt, cooking, listening to my children recite poetry we're studying, holding my babies and reading to them . I make sure I am clean and smell nice, but well...no manicures and pedicures for me. nail

Who knows, maybe they look at me with envy, thinking how nice it must be not to have to work...and then after they see how many kids I am actually caring for, raising, educating, feeding, clothing, and etc....they probably thank their lucky stars!!! DarleneSwoon

Welllll...I am happy and consider myself blessed beyond measure!! Most days I'm standing directly under the spout where the glory comes out! clap

Have a great day p2bamom! You are truly blessed! We use to get the same old comment all the time with our gang (and we only had 5) - "Don't you know how babies are made?" Yes, and we are so blessed to have each and every one of them (or at least the majority of the time - lol). Now, we have 2 sons-in-law and 1 daughter-in-law and 4 precious grandbabies. It is so exciting to see the next generation come along.

Archived