MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunday....

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll! wave

I am enjoying my coffee. Help yourself.

I picked green beans, green peas, cukes, and squash a bit ago. It's nice and cloudy this morning. I do believe the fog will be burning off later this morning and it's gonna get hot.

I am gonna enjoy being home today. Yes, I will be busy but that's okay. At least I'm home. clap I miss being a SAHM.

I found the carpet shampoo I had been looking for so I'm gonna shampoo some carpets today. I'm into this cleaning/organizing mode. rollingeyes Part of it may be nervous energy because of the status of jobs, gas prices, food prices, etc. It's the only place I actually have any control!

DH, DS2, and I visited our favorite apple orchard yesterday. We brought home some apples for snacking. (On the way there, we saw a few long time businesses closed - gave us a shock! We don't normally go to that end of the county and it had been awhile.) Anyhoo, I am planning on putting some apples in the freezer later. The crop hasn't really started coming in yet. There were only 2 varieties available yesterday. We love a breakfast of fried apples with hot biscuits in the winter. yumyum

I may put up squash today........I tried breading it before freezing last year and that worked good.

Ya'll have a Blessed day,

mommafitz

I think I will get into some crafting today. It is raining steady and hard at times. We are under a flash flood and flood watch today. It looks like it might deliver! I got a three hour nap in since I didn't sleep all night... had slept too much on Saturday and Friday nite. So I am ok with the amount of sleep.

With the two tropical/hurricanes off the Northeast coast and this big storm coming east from ILL and Ohio, we are sure going to get it today.

I have plenty to keep me busy. I might even set up the ole sewing machine in a while. Give me something to do, that would really show for the effort! If the power stays on. I might get real rambunctious and make some bread, it sure sounds good.

Hope we don't have to evac up the hill to the shelter at the county building tonight!

Archived