MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday 08-18-08

Annarchy

Haven Ministries: Anchor Devotional

Restoring Lost Love

“Forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love.” (Colossians 3:13-14)

Isaac and Rebecca’s love for each other began with answered prayer (Genesis 24:12-17). Later, they were divided in their affections. Isaac had a special tie to his son Esau, while Rebecca favored Jacob. This, no doubt, caused tension.

Are you in a relationship where affection and trust have degenerated into mistrust and anger? Paul gives us helpful advice in three parts in Colossians so we don’t become hardened and bitter.

First, we need to “bear with each other” (3:13). It’s easy to lose our cool and react negatively. But bearing patiently with each other provides a basis for rebuilding bridges rather than burning them. Secondly, we are to forgive, regardless of an admission of guilt from the other party. Ask yourself, “Can I pray for this person?” If so, you are ready to forgive. Thirdly, we are to “put on love.” It defines us. With the Lord‘s help, we can remain gracious and civil.

Don’t let the habit of justifying resentment take hold. Begin a new course of action that will restore your relationships rather than divide.

INSIGHT:

Restoring lost love is not up to me alone, but a restoring attitude is. Lord, keep me free from the poison of resentment.

-------------------------------------------------------

It's water therepy for me today, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Archived