MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunday Greetings

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll! wave

Wow! So much is happening in our Nation! Election preparations, biohazards, increasing oil prices, hurricanes, and a holiday weekend! I dare say lots of prayers are goin' up this weekend. praying

When you look at the grand scheme of things, activities going on in our little lives in our homes really pale in comparison. shrug Can you tell I'm deep thinking this morning? happy02 Maybe after I get some coffee in my system I'll quit that and go back to being a sheeple. sassing

Anyhoo, on a lighter note, we are having baked chicken for dinner today. We found some whole hens on sale yesterday during our shopping escapades. yumyum The only fault to a good dinner is that I will be required to use the oven and it heats up the entire house. Yesterday was hot and the weather promises to be the same today.

After 2 weeks, my late crop of green beans are really growing. The plants are about 6-8 inches tall now! The rain we had last week sure worked wonders! (The Miracle Grow plant food I use may play a part as well! bouquet)

I found some great ideas for the Christmas Ornament Exchange. I plan to dig through some craft supply boxes today to see what materials I have on hand. I may make a variety of things and give some sets as gifts to the gals at work this year. I am excited about this project! Can you tell? clap

I'm fixing sausage balls, biscuits, and eggs for breakfast. I'm using deer sausage from our freezer. yumyum I love to cook. I just hate dishes! grin

Ya'll have a Blessed day,

mommafitz

Morning Mommafitz! i'm just up and waiting to eat my breakfast, (need meds 1/2 hr. prior). Dh is out wondering what to do about his combine breakdown. He dosen't know what happened to it yet and is antsy, needing it fixed so he can keep on with the harvest.

My prayers are going out to all in the path of the nasty hurricane. We have had an occasional tornado, but nothing like what those folks experience.

Chicken is on our menu today too, although I haven't decided what it will be, have been thinking about chicken fingers. I was tickeled to have remembered to bring the breast meat out of the freezer last night.

We have small plums ripe on the tree, but I haven't used any of them before and don't know if they'll juice up well or not. Plan to pick those later today.

Have a great day (and next) everyone. Be safe too!

Archived