MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Surname search engine

Screaming Eagle

http://www.publicprofiler.org/worldnames/Main.aspx

This is a link to a site that searches surnames and gives you a map of most frequent matches. Mine's mostly U.S. (including Alaska) with France being next. Also occurs in Japan but it's because my name means 'apple' in Japanese. For some reason India shows up too. Maybe French settlers there?

Actually, I went back and looked at it closer. The second most prominent occurrence of my paternal family name is in Denmark and Norway followed by France. with that prompting, I did a search and found an old Danish edda (poem) that made reference to the name several times. The poem also mentioned a King of Norway as well as Kings of Denmark. Something to consider.

• 1 month later...

GOODMORNINGPUPPYINBOX.gif

Oh, I'm sure if we all could get back far enough, there would be kings, queens and more in our past. smile Sounds like you might just have found something. smile

I did take another look too and found that one of my Great-grandparents name, Gugin, is mainly in Canada. So, as I figured before, the Gugin is where the French Canadian is from. smile

We do need to keep looking and DIGUPYOURROOTS.gif and find more. smile

THANKYOUDOGANDPAINT.gif again for this site. smile

HUGSMOUSEINSUGAR.gifHAVEAGOODDAY1.gif

Archived