MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I remember Ed...

Guest Guest

I remember so many stories about Ed; like the time he jumped on the bed, not knowing that Peg had silk sheets on the bed. The way he told it, he went sliding across the bed and off the other side!

Yes, his posts were 'short' but he got his point across using his two-finger typing system.

I'm sure there are many other stories we old timers can share about him.

------------------

frannie.gif

I remember Ed hugging me for the first time in real life at Da Party in Arkansas.... he was nothing like I had expected, kinda short and scrawney.... but my oh my , he sure hugged like a big brother does. smile.gif We sat around the camp fire and drank Budweiser, laughing and joking with everyone, playing tricks on everyone.

He grinned as Doc had to take his place singing with "The Mama's" and he was supposed to be the only Papa.... oh how Frannie and Kay laughed and giggled when they put on that skit. Doc still says Ed broke his ribs on purpose so he didnt have to sing. lol

I can just see him now toteing those frozen clams off the plane, silly goose, had gone out and dug them up himself and flew them to DaParty! And Mudbug, steamed em for all of us to eat... I think I had more butter on me than on the did that night.

How he grinned like cheshire cat as he was snapping pic's of DaBoss in her Blue Dress. He sure got a kick outta that! And ya never called Ed late for a meal... he was the first one there and the last one to leave... but what good times we all shared with him that weekend.

Remember Peg's post when he got home....

"WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO TO ED???" He had fallen asleep on the plane and got off in Conneticutt instead of Boston! We teased him for weeks about that one!

We all need to share our fond memories of this fine man not just for the new comers who were growing to love Ed to, but also for each other, help us with our loss and grief. twi

I never laid eyes on Ed and never spoke with him, but in the 4 years of being online here at Mrs. Survival and in chat sessions, I feel as if I have known this solid fixture of Mrs. Survival called "edandpeg" and will miss him deeply as a friend. Yes, I do believe a person can be a friend without you're ever meeting them....Ed had lots of friends here and was friend to many in his famous short-to-the-point-sentences. How I will miss him.

Ed always knew I was a Christian, and would always let me know that he was raised Roman Catholic and was an altar boy. Just like that...time after time, he would remind me with quick blurps of his boyhood faith. I never asked, mind you. I did not measure up people here to be the same as me. But somehow Ed desired to communicate to me in his own unique way that we had a common thread. That is the thread of the tapestry of Mrs. Survival that I would like to honor most about Ed.

When we are done weaving in our memory threads of what Ed has meant to all of us at Mrs. Survival...It will be glorious tapestry of his life for all to see.

------------------

eaglew.jpg

OH MM I am so sorry that you feel somehow responsible. And I am sorry I opened my big mouth about the foreclosure and bankruptsy.. others had already seen it hun. I love you and so many others here like Frannie, Diinmi, and many many more, are like my own flesh and blood. That's what this place is all about, that is how Ed felt also.

He was the most kindest, gentle, man, I've ever known, but could give us all a good talking to if he felt we deserved it, but with love and concern. That is the Ed I will always remember.

He's lost it too at times like you did, but we didnt let him leave either... because we are a family and love and need each member of this family. He accepted each and everyone of us for our inner beauty and our faults, not for who or what we might be.

I miss you Big Brother and I will always carry you in my heart. twi

I did not get a chance to meet Ed in person, but still loved him as a brother. I remember how one night in chat, I called him 'Little Brother' and he said, ' Twila calles me Big Brother'. I mentioned that I was older, so I would call him my 'Big Younger Brother'

I remember Ed, he was slow to type and didn't use many words, but he always got across what he wanted us to know. I remember when he was asking about female problems and about babies and such. I remember him in chat different times.

Ed, you are missed, and always will be missed.

Love ya all, is what I used at the end of all my posts at one time. Then when the site went down, I stopped using it. I think I will start using it again now.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Originally posted by twilap:

Remember Peg's post when he got home....

"WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO TO ED???" He had fallen asleep on the plane and got off in Conneticutt instead of Boston! We teased him for weeks about that one!

Twilap, I remember that post! smile.gif When was that party? I remember hearing about it on the Boards back when I came regularly...

I'm not a trusting person. I have an especially hard time trusting men.

I trusted Ed.

I never met him in person, but after a while, I knew he was the kind of guy I could trust to watch my back. There are just not many men I feel that way about, or have EVER felt that way about.

He was so fiercly protective of all of us, and all of those he loved.

I so appreciated the way he looked out for his father-in-law, remember the incident at the barbershop?

He never hesitated to get physical and downright hostile to protect those he cared about, or those he thought were being treated unjustly (remember the immigrant coworker he was so worried about??), and yet he had this great big tender heart that he sometimes just didn't know what to do with.

He sometimes embarrassed himself by being so gentle, he was afraid it wasn't manly.....I just wish I'd told him how special he was.

------------------

gl.jpg

[This message has been edited by Goose Liver (edited December 23, 2002).]