MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Turkey Recipes

Stephanie

Since this is the season for Turkeys! and we can often find them on sale...here's a place for y'all to share you Turkey recipes.

My mom always makes Turkey Bone Soup with the leftover turkey and it is delicious.

TURKEY BONE SOUP

Turkey carcass

1 stalk celery, diced

1 carrot, sliced

3 tbsp. cooked rice

1 onion, sliced

2 bouillon cubes

Salt & pepper to taste

A little stuffing (if available)

Otherwise a pinch of mixed dry herbs

Cover the carcass with water, salt and pepper to taste. Add a little stuffing, celery (with some leaves), carrot and onion. Cover and simmer 2 to 3 hours. Strain, add the bouillon cubes and rice, bring to a boil and serve. If no stuffing, add a pinch of the mixed dry herbs. You can also add vegetables.

My favorite leftover recipe is from MarthaStewart. No doubt she stole it from someone else.

In a pie plate or casserole dish (sprayed with Pam), layer leftovers as follows:

stuffing

sliced or chopped cooked turkey

cooked veggies such as peas, carrots or string beans

gravy

Mashed Potatoes.

Bake at 350 until hot throughout. the potatoes on top get crusty and sooooo yummy!! I serve with gravy and cranberry sauce on the side.

lol

I'm so glad you bumped this back up, I was just about to go look for it, wondering if it had gotten buried!

I'm also glad to see you (((Tracie)))

We're going to be frying turkeys this year. It has its good points and bad. The bad is I'll be losing all that great turkey broth. frown

I came across this page with Turkey Tips and thought I'd share it with y'all.

http://www.articlexpo.com/food-recipe/article146.htm

Archived