MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Making myself move is tough!

DenimDaze

So there I was, looking for a place to park close to Target. Why? So I wouldn't have to walk so far! Hmm...and here I am walking on a treadmill for exercise. Hmmm...this just doesn't make sense.

Later the same day I sent one of my kids to collect all the laundry for me. Why? I didn't want to go upstairs and down to the cellar a couple times. Hmm...wasn't that me looking at the stairmaster gadget and wondering if I could do it? I bet I could be good at the stairmaster if I stopped getting my kids to gather laundry and such for me!

What else is there? Getting the mail, walking the silly little dog around the yard because he won't go out alone, looking for my glasses myself...its a rather long list. I really think I better start doing all these things myself.

If I did, it would help keep my metabolism revved up and burn some calories. It would help on those days I can't get to my gym too. Also, being active helps you be more active in a positive cycle which is much better then the sedentary cycle it is so easy to fall into.

Nothing makes you want to sit on the couch like sitting on the couch. Maybe reorganizing my chores to keep me moving will help me get moving even more?

When I was about 12 or 13, I went to the neighbor's house to see if the girl that lived there could play. Her other sister said come on in and I saw DarleneSwoon The girl my age was using a file or something on her mother's feet - I guess for calluses or something. The mother was too big to reach her feet. She had 3 kids and they all did things for her like go get the mail, keys, purse, sweep, etc. I always try to go get my glasses or whatever, but when I don't I remember that scene. DarleneSwoon

I have the same problem. When I do get moving, I feel so much better! But it can be hard to get into the cycle of it...

The other day dh was asking me why I was taking the long way to do something and I said "because I desperately need the exercise!".

But I have to remind myself to do it.

Archived