MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dehydrated Corn

finklet

OK - I got out my old Y2K dehydrator. (I know - shame on me for waiting so long). I tried some frozen corn after reading all I could find on this thread about it. I think I "overdried" it. But...How can you tell if it's overdried? What is it really supposed to look like? My book says 12-14 hours for corn so i did 13. It's has much more brown pieces than the pictures on the web of dehydrated corn. Did I do something wrong??

I am going to rehydrate1 cup to see if we can eat it or not (using info found on here again). This site is great !!!

OK - I got out my old Y2K dehydrator. (I know - shame on me for waiting so long). I tried some frozen corn after reading all I could find on this thread about it. I think I "overdried" it. But...How can you tell if it's overdried? What is it really supposed to look like? My book says 12-14 hours for corn so i did 13. It's has much more brown pieces than the pictures on the web of dehydrated corn. Did I do something wrong??

I am going to rehydrate1 cup to see if we can eat it or not (using info found on here again). This site is great !!!

Let us know how the test goes! I haven't tried my corn yet, but it did come out in a spectrum of colors from yellow to brownish. So I'd like to think that's normal :) Here's the photo I shared of batch 1. Batch 2 did have more darks in it.

3352021927_32ae76ab53_m.jpg

It wasn't so bad actually. It did take a very long time. It tasted ok and the texture was fine. Mine has quite a bit more brown bits than the pics of yours. I'm going to keep trying. Thanks for commenting.

I want to learn to dry many things - canning isn't an option for me right now.

Archived