MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SueC........how the heck are ya?????

Hi there

Debbie and Brigid, Thanks for your greetings.

I have had a rough year, Hubby and I were talking about it last night. We came to the conclusion that it had been a stress year. Our eldest girl, left home to go to uni, I started to have problems with a kidney stone (Now 2 stones and still problems!) FIL was diagnosed with Mesothelioma (cancer) - then had a gall problem (He is doing quite well but seems very frail, has sold the family home and has moved in with one of his daughters) Hubby has had bad arthritis and his iron count is droppping rapidly and the doc has no idea why. No 2 daughter has just finished school - which meant Prom and all that goes with it! (She looked beautiful, her photo was in the local paper and in the nearest town's paper as well!) I had a night in hospital with the pesky kidney stone. I learnt how to patchwork and finished handquilting my first quilt in time for No 3 daughters birthday at the end of December. And now it is time to get the younger 2 girls ready for school which starts in about 3 weeks. Then Uni for the 2nd one and she wants to go to a uni about 2000 kms away. And today my back has gone stiff on me, I dont need this!

I wonder if all that is a reason to go mad?

God is good. We have coped very well with all that has happened. And the finances have stretched around all the extra expenses of travelling to see FIL often and the Prom expenses.

I dont often get on the net though. Everyone else beats me to the computer!When I do I always check in here. It is such a great site, with a whole bunch of caring people.I am not trying to write a saga, but it is kinda longwinded, sorry about that!

Catch you all soon!

SueC

Hi Sue, sounds like you two have been through the wringer.. but everything that comes now will seem easy compared to what you been going through.....

My daughter is graduating this year, didn't realize the expense it involved. We got her dress just after xmas for a really good deal, but the price of the pictures and everything else is quite something.

I hope you get your kidney stone thing worked out and glad to hear that your father in law is doing better. Hopefully over time he will build his strength up again. What kind of cancer is that?

Now sit back and relax, have a hot cup of coffee and muffin, and rest your back.

Hey I am not very travel smart, could you tell me what your weather is like right now?

Have always thought, ever since I was a kid, that Australia was a place I wanted to see.

Have a great day. grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif

My o My Sue......Times have been tough for you and your family ....for sure!

That sure explains your absence.

I'm sorry your in pain...those kidney stones are brutal (had one once...was lucky it was small and got flushed out-not fun!)

Can the doctors do that ultra sound...break em up thing ?

I sure hope someone can help you with those and your back....and your Hubbies problems soon....physical pain sure can take over your everyday life and be sooooo draining!!

I'll be praying for you all!!

I'm so glad to hear your D-I-L is hanging in there..and getting good care.....he's been on my list for a while too.

Hang in there Sue....this is a new year...hopefully and prayerfully....this one will be a wonderful year for you all!

It's great to hear from you again....come back when you can....we'll keep a place warm for ya! grin.gif

smooches,

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Hi there SueC, I haven't been to the Sun Porch in a few days now.

Sounds like you and your have really been going through a lot.

Hope the stones can be disolved and that things will be better this year.

Take care of yourself and post when you are able to.

------------------

snowmom.jpg

Brigid, The cancer is caused by Asbestos - not fun. The weather here is hot hot hot. The girls keep having water fights to cool down!

Thanks for your words of encouragement every one. I would love to see the kidney stones go. The doc reckons at 5mm it is small enough to pass. I saw on american web sites that 2mm is small and everthing after that gets blasted. Maybe I am in the wrong country? My back is coming good - I will get hubby to give it a good massage after i get off the puter. He is having an easy day today as someone else is preaching for him on Sunday so no long preperation.

Catch you all soon

SueC

So come here....and we'll blast that puppy!

It's HOT there huh? Wow.....tomorrow we're expecting temps in the teens to single digits!

I'm not complaining though....i'd rather have the cold than the sweaty sticky hot weater...but enjoy!

Glad your hubby is getting time off...enjoy your back rub!

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg