MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Sunday!

snapshotmiki

Good Morning Everybody!

It is hot and sunny again today in NM!

Yesterday I went downtown-dropped off 5 applications for waitress job- and bought an older manual meat/vegie grinder for $10, and a hurricane oil lamp for $5. Army surplus store will have a grain/bean grinder for me next week for $10 (manual of course). They also have a machete and heavy leather gloves I want. This morning I ordered a Cobra crossbow from Amazon. Makes me hope I get one of those jobs! I e-mailed my boss for my winter job in AZ and she said she is hoping we will be able to start working around the first of Oct. So that is positive. DH is still working 40 hours a week and that is great.

The cinnimon/sugar apples turned out great and this morning I am dehydrating mangoes--tomorrow peaches! I am glad I have a little something to do now.

I cooked a 3 pound roast in the crockpot on Wed. and today I am making fried rice with the last of it. It was 97 cents a pound. What a deal--$3 for a 3 pound roast. I made a homemade stuffing to go with it that started with a flour, egg and milk batter. Now that is stuffing from scratch! It turned out really well and now I have learned something new. By the time we are done it will have made 6 meals for 2 people for $3.

I am off to read the 2nd half of "How then shall we live?"

All of you--Have a relaxing Sunday

Archived