MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tank's growin up...

ol'momma

I've been trying to catch up on the housework this week, while hubby is off to work and the older kids are in school.

Yesterday, I noticed that Tank was unusually quiet while I was folding some laundry and went to check on him.

He'd found a disposible razor* and was busy "shaving." ZOIKS!!!! Naturally, he knicked himself, and when he got through howling that the paroxide stung when I cleaned it, he looked up at me with those big brown eyes and announced "I not gonna do that again til I gots a beard!!"

*I usually keep it out of reach on the top shelf, but I'd moved it when I scrubbed the shower and hadn't put it back out of reach.

Ah...but let me add a chapter:

Ages ago some company or another sent me a complimentary (i.e really cheap) rotary cutter - a gadget that looks like a pizza cutter and is equipped with a disposable circular blade used for making quick work out of cutting strips of cloth. It's a handy little beast, and very sharp.

This "free gift" was so badly made that I've never used it. It's been in a box of seldom used sewing notions, buried on my dresser ever since i got it. In fact, I don't think it ever even got taken out of the original package.

Today I was getting dressed and found an oddly shaped handle to something(??) by the foot of the bed. It looked familure, but I couldn't place what it belonged to.:shrug: I thought I'd just set it aside until I could find it's home.... and in doing so, turned just right so my foot collided with another something hidden under the bed.

The blade.

I knew a gal once who dropped cutter while wearing sandals and nicked the top of her foot. And every quilter who owns one is gonna get a finger eventually... but I am the only person I know to cut the bottom of their foot wide open on a rotary cutter. (On the bright side, that ugly shag carpet in our room camophlages blood stains pretty well. :lol:)

It amazes me that he managed to disassemble it without slicing himself.

*Sigh* What am I gonna do with this child...!!??

Archived