MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The first of October!

snapshotmiki

We are usually heading South from Cheyenne at this time. This year we will be heading West from NM to AZ. Lot shorter drive! In the past few weeks since I got my pressure canner, I have canned everything I could get my hands on. Yesterday was the end of it--zucchini relish, chicken, stew beef and hamburger. Today I put the canner away and made zucchini bread out of the last big leftover zucchini. My tote of canned goods is so heavy I can't even pick up one side so I think I have done good but I better split it up. It has been a great and a learning summer! I don't recall ever being off for a whole summer. At first I was bored to tears (and broke) then I started thinking and listening and learning and doing! It has been the best summer of my life! Kind of like what we think is a bad thing God means for our good! It is just hard to tell at the beginning.

However, we leave Saturday morning and when we get to AZ we will be moving into a larger trailer. Probably before we are settled, I will start working and may not be around as much. I just wanted to tell you all how much your advice and friendship has meant to me this summer. I am the talkative type but have spent all of my weekdays alone this summer and you folks have saved my sanity and taught me so much! I appreciate all of you and kind of hope I don't work too much this winter so I can continue to visit every day. Thank you all again and I pray everyone a great Fall and Winter!

Archived