MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Thanksgiving-Thursday!

snapshotmiki

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have been to the diary. I have been working 5 days a week since we arrived at our Winter home. I am just thankful to have a job in this economy! This is such a strange town we are in! I have passed golf carts, 3-wheel trikes, and motorized wheelchairs all traveling on US 95. Once I pulled up to a light next to a minivan with a donkey who had its head out the front window and a miniature bull sitting ( or standing) in the back with its head out the window too. Today at Family Dollar I met a man who picks up dogs who are starving on the street and feeds them til he can find homes for them-sort of an independent spca. The dogs seemed clean and happy. People out here still seem to do whatever they want (hopefully within the law)

I have lost 17 pounds since beginning work and still headed the right direction. Partly because I have been sick twice since we arrived. Chances are I have had H1N1 but did not go to a Doctor. It is like a big petri dish of retirees.

My canning came to a complete halt when I started working but I will cook my turkey next week and then pressure can what we don't eat as I have very little freezer room.

I do visit MrsS a few times a week and love reading in all the forums! Especially the Wagons Ho journey!

Have a great Holiday season everyone! Miki

Archived