MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Real Life is so funny.............

Amishway Homesteaders

This really happened to us today!

We went to the bank at 9:02 am this morning ,seeing they open at 9:00 am, to check on a money thing Lori had to do. Well we get there and a few people are standing outside the doors? I check my watch to make sure it is past 9 am and Lori does the same thing. Then she says “I hope the bank isn’t being robbed?” We pull into a parking spot and wait, but nobody is going in, so we decide to go shopping and come back later.

Well, we get back and everything is fine, we go in and get done with the teller and then I asked her was something wrong this morning at 9 am seeing the doors were locked?

With a sheepish grin she said that today was Customer Appreciation Day and they were so busy setting out the cookies and coffee that they forgot to open the doors until 9:12 am. (they couldn’t figure out why nobody was coming in until then?)

WHAT I said! Let me get this straight – You wanted to show the Customers your Appreciation so you locked us out in 20 degree weather? “I know”, she said “sounds bad doesn’t it”.

Archived