MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday (and it's good to be home)!!!!!!

snapshotmiki

Hi everyone! Boy it is good to be back. We had a great time! DH renewed his DL with no problem-took about 10 minutes. This is something we have to do every so many years since we are RVers. Gotta drive to the homestate to get it done.

We spent two night at the rescue we got the dogs from two years ago. They had a blast running around with her other 14 schnauzers that she has right now. They live out in the country so the dogs got to go "hunting" off leash as well as being part of her pack again. The folks who have the rescue are so nice and we all had a great time. Even got to go to Cabellas once.

Visited in Cheyenne for a few days with friends. Bought 100 pounds of dog food as there is no place around us in AZ or NM that carries the brand we want. At a Goodwill in Rapid City, I bought 2 large plastic bags of canning rings with lids (wide mouth and regular) and some extra lids for $6. Also found an old canning funnel with two sieve discs in it. I have not seen one with discs before. Have any of you?

I found a pair of dog clippers for $2 at a yard sale the day before we left. My friend at the rescue said they are $135 clippers. Gotta have the blade sharpened. About $15. Yay!

As of today my DH does not have a job. He is looking but we will also try to find things to sell on ebay. Not sure if we will stay here or not. It is always interesting!

I am of course just tickled to have my computer back but I think I am glad I did not have it on the trip. I like the objectivity that comes with a long drive and time away and have found that I don't get that when I am on the computer every night. I have certainly missed you all and am glad you are here now!

Also trying to keep in mind that if I still had the big house and all that goes with it we wouldn't be doing all this traveling--it's a trade off.

(((((((((((((((Miki))))))))))))))))))))

Glad to have you, DH and the canine family safe and sound.

Keep us posted on all your antics please.

Archived