MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday musings...

Cat

I've been wanting to write about our whirlwind tour of Washington, DC, but DS is working on my 'puter to get it to run better. More RAM is ordered and coming, old junk cleaned off, stuff reinstalled, things still getting put where I like 'em... :shrug:

LilDD started Summer School gym class today. She'll be going half-days for 3 weeks, 2 weeks off, then 3 more. Then she will fulfill the physical educational requirements for her high school credits, and will be free to choose more elective classes. Plus she won't be forced into running from one side of their *huge* school building to the other during the school year. That causes a lot of stress for many students, especially if they don't like "gym class" all that much, anyway.

So I walked her out the drive to wait for the bus this morning, asked the driver a couple of questions, and walked back, bawling my eyes out. :( High school. LOTS of leftover heartaches from watching the older 2 go through HS.

The chickens have been in the "hen house" for a week, with the warmer weather. So DH finally finished fixing the screened-in "run" this weekend, and we're letting them out into that this week. The raccoons are already making their (hungry) presence known, so he's tightened things up, reinforced places, and plans on ummm... "relocating" :rolleyes: several pesky raccoons.

Today is the second day out. I had to go "throw" them out yesterday... LOL This morning several ventured out by noon, and the rest I pushed out again. I want them used to going in and out. I was glad to see that they were all safely in well before dark last night. Makes it easier for me. And I'm still trying to get them to roost... they all want to huddle like babies on the floor.

Kitty came running up the basement stairs yesterday with a peculiar sound in her voice... :o MICE!!!! During the day, she found and brought up *3* young mice!!!! :blink::faint3: She must have killed them, because each one was dead, maybe "teenager" sized, and she was sweet enough to bring them right TO us! <_< So I set traps again. We thought we had "the" hole plugged up. :( Ongoing search mode... :darth duck:

When I came home from an errand today, I stopped the car, got out, and was greeted by a loud SNORT! Followed by a big deer running full-tilt through the woods. I guess I surprised him/her. They are much more bold since we don't have our dog anymore.

DH's fish are growing well, and it's fun to watch them come for food, or just fanning their underwater beds near the shore. We can see the lighter tips of their fins and tails. And there are lots of "painted" turtles hanging out for food, too. I counted 7 near the shore today. It's peaceful and fun to watch the creatures in the sunlight.

No garden planted yet. Every time we think we're ready, it rains hard again.

I'm working on several things at once. I'm trying to organize things and toss stuff in the basement. Quite a job, and SO necessary. It's encouraging to see some progress, even a little. Filled the trash bin *full* today, and was glad to roll it out. :sEm_blush: I'm such a pack rat. :sEm_blush:

DS is still "moving" stuff out, and I'm starting to push a bit more. We need his room, and he's got more space than we do! :)

BigDD is ready to have the baby any time, but it's not due until near the end of the month. He's rolling more, kicking less, growing bigger, and she's getting anxious to just SEE him! LOL Remember what that's like?

later... gotta start supper...

:bighug2:

Archived