MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

it is Monday AGAIN!

Just stopped in to say we are very busy AGAIN! and don't seem to even have time to check in here now and then.

But we are doing fine - garden is all in and the flower beds look great, Greenhouse business with Amish is almost over, Things are getting in the ground where we help for the Amish Farmers Market, Started picking and packing last weekend..............

and here comes canning season!

~Lori and Michael~

Sheeeesh, and here I'm dancing cuz my first broccoli seedlings are popping up in the egg cartons.. [OK...I'm a bit late here. :lol: ]

Can hear that you're having fun with the new gardening season!

MtRider :wave:

Busy is the word here in Alabama too! No time for sitting on your duff and twiddling your thumbs....that is for sure.

Garden's are going good, weather is cooperating and we are trying so hard to have more success than our previous attempts. I think our past 'oops' have taught us a few things.

I think our past 'oops' have taught us a few things.

I agree-

even after all the years I have been gardeing I still learn a few thinigs now and then.

Like this year:

An Amish friend was showing us her vegetable garden when we came apon a row of onions already tall.

WHEN did you plany those onions to be so big already? I asked

Well, she said, I heard that if yoou have a few onions left in storage from last years garden that you can just plant them first thing in the Spring and when they grow you will have 'green onions'. Well she pulled one up and it had about 5 green onions growing out of the middle of the old onion.

Guess what I am planting next year? LOL

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Archived