MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Good Morning...it's Monday!

Dee

Good morning everyone :bouquet:

It's a beautiful Monday morning here in Northern Iowa. After all the rain and flooding the water in the pastures has receded. Crops, gardens and flowers are really taking off with this humidity and heat. Just a wonderful hot muggy summer day in Iowa. :thumbs: Sooooooooooo much better than the cold bitter winds of winter!

Our farmers market, a new thing for us this year, has begun to take off. It's gobs of work but such fun with all the others standing there selling their "wares" too. The black raspberries are ripe and I've been making black raspberry pies. They sell like hotcakes and so do the cinnamon rolls. The garden stuff is really just beginning but this last week I was sold out in about 20 mins. Guess I need to make more pies and rolls as well as the fresh produce.

Before too long I'll be canning too so it's a busy summer. What are you doing this summer? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

DH is coming in soon and we're heading to town. Always a bunch of errands to do when we go, so I better get my "going to town clothes" on and brush my hair.

Have a great day everyone! :grouphug:

Archived