MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday with the Jersey Boys

Dee

Good morning everyone :wave:

A beautiful morning here in Northern Iowa. The temperature is 68 and the sun is shining. On the down side there's no breeze so the mosquitoes are horrendous!

As I write DH and DS are loading the sheep and lambs into DS's semi. Off to market they go. They've talked about it for a couple of years but the decision was made this year because of not getting hay made. We make grass hay down in the creek pasture. This year the rains and flooding have lasted all summer so the hay that should have been made the 1st part of June didn't get made. It's still too wet down there and the 2nd cutting should be being made now. Sometimes we get a 1/2 way decent 3rd cutting but that wouldn't be enough to feed 100 head of sheep through the winter. So, off they go.

We have enough hay from last year to feed the 4 head of cattle and 4 horses that are left. If the weathers decent this fall DH will bale cornstalks for bedding. If not there's probably enough hay for that too. I don't know what we'll do with the pasture next year but if they don't get more livestock there's always people wanting to rent it.

Anyway, a friend and I are going by bus with a group from the bank to see The Jersey Boys. We leave at 3:30 (100 miles to Des Moines) and won't be home until about 12:30. It should be a fun time.

Whoops, gotta go. DH and DS are on there way in for breakfast.

Have a great day everyone! :grouphug:

Archived