MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Labor Day 2010

mommafitz

Good morning Ya'll! :wave:

It is really chilly this morning! and I love it!!!!!! :cele: Fall is my favorite season.

I am going to work for a couple of hours this morning then I can enjoy my day off. So many have no job at all so I feel blessed. :blush:

We take DS2 back to school today. He isn't planning on coming home next weekend. Things to do at the school, ya know.

DH and I like to window shop at the big city stores on the way home from dropping off DS2 but I don't think we will today. I want to enjoy being home and have a bit off a stress relief before heading back to work tomorrow. I need to rejuvenate my batteries so to speak. :thumbs:

Yesterday's dinner of ribs, bbq beans, and potato salad was delicious. Tonight will be a light supper. We have gotten off track of eating healthier over the past couple of months. It's time to get back to that habit! I definitely feel better when we do!

Ya'll have a fantabulous day!

mommafitz

Mornin Mommafitz and everyone else,

It's cool here, as well, and WINDY. The wind came in around 5 this morning and I had to close a few windows to avoid doors slamming shut and waking everyone up.

I hope the interview goes well this morning and you aren't at work long, mommafitz! Hopefully, you can enjoy the day and be well rested for tomorrow.

We are heading to DH parents for lunch/dinner today. Ribs and ????? I'm thrilled to be going and not having to cook but looking at the garden and all the canning that needs to be done and hoping we don't spend all afternoon there.

I have pasta sauce simmer on the stove will add the spices and then let it simmer another 2 hours before I blend it, bring it back up to a boil and can it. I'm hoping to do a few other things while that is going on

Friendly disagreement about apples is breaking out. Need to go break it up. Have a great day! Happy Labor Day!

I was sitting outside, enjoying the day, when this thought popped into my head:

Labor Day is a legal holiday- :americanflag: -proclaimed so by the US Congress. But, just WHO is getting the benefits (day off or OT pay) for this day which celebrates the American worker?????

Gov't employees, bank employees, some private business employees, but NOT the people who it "celebrates!" :cheeky-smiley-067: THEY know they have to keep working in order to keep their businesses going.

Just an ironic thought I had. :008Laughing:

Archived