MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Very Wet 1st of December

Rain, rain, go away....Well, now it's just snow flurries, but with the all-day heavy rain yesterday and last night, the nearby creek has flooded. We're high enough up not to be affected, but it's a sickening feeling to see others not so fortunate. :pray:

We're in the middle of getting a metal roof put on and new gutters. The workers took all the gutters down over a week ago. The guys doing the gutters haven't been here for a week. They did hang a few gutters (one on one side of the house isn't hung properly at all, though) and didn't do downspouts yet. They knew they wouldn't be back for a week and I think they could have at least took a few extra minutes to put up downspouts on the gutters they did put up. :motz_6: We have water seeping through the block in the basement and I think having working gutters would have prevented that. Dealing with this company is getting to be beyond frustrating for me. :banghead: They've really been dragging their feet on this and have yet to put in a full work day here. Dh called to complain and was told someone would be here tomorrow "weather permitting" and now they won't do anything to fix the gutters they did put up until they are all done with the roof. Apparently today was not "weather permitting" due to the snow flurries. Our weather forecast is calling for snow all week. :buttercup: I understand about safety and having to work outside, but we had beautiful days that they were here for barely six hours. And, DH works outside. He's had to work in all kinds of bad weather to pay for all of this. :tapfoot:

We also had a washer repairman come to fix the washer (after he was here last week and had to order the part). The new part we were sent also is bad, so it is another week until he can get another part in.

This was supposed to be DH's vacation week to hunt and relax. He deserves that. This is his only time off of work. We don't go on vacation, so he saves his vacation time up for the first week of deer season. It's not working out that way at all. :( He was finally able to get out into the woods a few hours ago. I'm hope he gets one. I want to see the stress off of his face.

Archived